Why I-95 is the 1st Auto Tour
I-95 Fast Facts:
Interstate 95 is RoadSpoke's First Audio Tour. Ultimately all Interstates will be narrated.
We like to think of RoadSpoke as using the interstates to create a narrative spine for discovering America - and Americans. Story, history, science, scandal, celebrities, sports, regular folks and corporate histories...
Then RoadSpoke will go social, and fans and bloggers will fill in all other roads around the country.... and around the world! Laying personalized RoadSpokes, our users will be able to leave comments and observations that in theory, their great grandkids could follow in a hundred years.
Why start with I-95?
No road in America is as consistently busy from one end to the other as Interstate 95. A few stretches of other interstates carry more traffic than the busiest parts of I-95, but no highway in total carries more traffic.
I-95 crosses 15 states and runs from Canada south to Miami, covering 1,918 miles. According to the Federal Highway Administration, 1,040 of those miles are in urban areas. 60 percent of urban areas are classified as “under heavy congestion.”
In its northeast passage, I-95 travels through the most densely populated region of the country. More than 325,000 vehicles per day travel through the area encompassing the New York City/New Jersey/Connecticut area, making that stretch the seventh busiest in the country.
But wait! Traffic allegedly gets worse. According to the FHA, I-95 passes through the Washington, D.C., area, another traffic chokepoint on the way to its southern end just south of Miami, where I-95 there rates as the sixth most-traveled section of interstate in the U.S.
So why I-95?
1) We can't think of a highway that needs more entertainment options -- especially when you consider the delays from all the traffic!
2) I-95 is so embedded in Billboards and urbanity that it dulls the brain. Yet the concrete conceals some of the most fascinating Information about America. In fact, you cruise pass 89 Dino-digs, 114 Native American BattleFields, 219 Intersections with the life of George Washington, 1034 Civil Rights Sites, and the birthplace of 128,236 famous people. And that's just in New Jersey!
3) Finally, I-95 has tons of potential to create commercial partnerships with nearby merchants, destination marketing organizations, and other stakeholders who could use our patent pended DEAL RADAR to place timely ads on the Interstate. Think Virtual Billboards. Nearby Interstate Stakeholders can move their inventory on the most highly trafficked of all Interstates. They can drive all that traffic right to their off highway but still nearby storefronts.
4) FAST FACTS:
- "76% of all Travel is still done by car." - Waze
- "Convenience Store Sales are 55% larger than all online sales, including Amazon." - GasBuddy
- “Travel is better when we are rewarded, guided and informed.” - Waze
- "Location is core to delivering the right mobile experience.” - Gasbuddy
- "Proximity marketing boosts conversion by 240%.” - Venture Beat
At RoadSpoke, We may not be pretty, but we aren't stupid! 😁
Leave a Reply.